Thursday, April 2, 2009

How I became the "AvonLady"

About 9 years ago when I found out I was pregnant with my second child I began to get nervous about the cost of another baby. I began looking for a job but was quickly turned down because of my condition.

I seen an ad in our local newspaper for Avon Representatives, I called the company. The local DSM (District Sales Manager) came and signed me up. I started handing out books to friends and family and was getting orders. The day my second campaign order arrived I was in the hospital giving birth to Marissa. I had to go in for a stress test and they decided to induce labor. I looked at the nurse and said "Not today, my order is coming in". I had to call Grandma to get it off my porch.

When I got home from the hospital I looked at the order and thought: well it was fun but I won't be able to do it with a new baby. I called my customers and told them I had Marissa. I set a time to deliver their orders. Grandma packed up the baby and me and we went to deliver them. When I arrived at each house they met me at the door with their money and new orders. I hobbled back and forth from the car. When I got home I counted up my sales and I actually increased my sales!

I decided to give Avon an honest run and was making money right away. A few months later I started recruiting and earned my fast start bonus. I made Presidents Club my first year and had a good size team. Avon has been in my blood ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment